Friday, July 25, 2003

Portland, OR is the world's worst sports city. The front page of the sports section in today's Oregonian was focused on three articles; one on moto-cross, one on skateboarding, and one on how Ralph Nader is attempting to screw Washington DC out of a baseball team with his antics and hence Portland might get the Expos by default. Wow, how pathetic is that? I can understand the draw to Nader, but moto-cross and skateboarding? Those aren't even sports, they are events!!! The Blazers are a disgrace, nobody goes to the Beavers (Padres AAA affiliate) games which cost a measly $5 for a 10th row seat in a beatifully renovated stadium, and with fall soon approaching all I will read about for the next three months is how great the Ducks and the Beavers are going to be in football this year. YIKES. Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but how am I going to deal with this? No wings and no sports? And I just signed on to live and work here for the next couple of years (at the very least)? Oh my, this will be a fun ride...

Sorry to all native Oregonians, you don't know any better, nothing personal, I just had to vent. To the rest of the folks that moved here from another state, you feel my pain, lets just enjoy the good things about Portland, the summers, the view, the beer, the wine, and how stinkin beautiful and clean it is... And much more...

No comments: