Wednesday, July 30, 2003

This is an absolutely awesome article, Showdown: Whole Foods vs. Krispy Kreme. Isn't America great? I love the fact that we can debate over things like healthy food versus gluttonous feel good food. I find it really humorous when people shred non-healthy food institutions. Yeah, they are nasty and probably terrible for you, but as long as you eat there in moderation and keep a healthy workout routine, I say bring it on. Yes, there was a time when I was pretty stinking fat, 6'5" and 260, but now I'm 6'5" and 220, still eat pretty crappy, but really enjoy working out. I love eating good foods (healthy and non-healthy) but can get away with it because I also enjoy a work out which currently involves four days of swimming, three days of running (a total of 15 miles), one night of softball (okay, that's not really a workout), and one day of extremely competitive basketball.

The moral of the story, both establishments win because both serve a great purpose and unique target market. I say we should all eat what we want, work out (and enjoy our workouts), and live long and healthy lives...

No comments: